07 Dec Six Best Election Travel Escapes
It’s probably a safe bet that Fresno residents, along with the rest of the nation, are relieved that Election Day is upon us. If you’ve grown weary about the lack of decorum in this year’s race, here are some of the best spots confounded citizens can go to rest, relax and rejuvenate once the election is over.
Whatever you need a break from — these six spots are true escapes.
1. Newfoundland, Canada – We declare Fogo Island Inn the perfect place to storm-watch until this election storm blows over. And while they’re at it, travelers can scout out some land in their soon-to-be adopted Canadian homeland, just in case their candidate doesn’t win.
2. Bordeaux, France – Voters can board a helicopter and enjoy a flight over the 1855 classification of wine stars with Bordeaux Excellence. Upon landing, guests will have privileged access to a tasting of a Grand Cru Classé, where they can enjoy a glass or two of some of the world’s best wine while contemplating if visiting a vineyard constitutes supporting the Green Party.
3. Koh Rong Archipelago, Cambodia – For anyone really wanting to get away from it all, look no further thanSong Saa Private Island. No TVs to be found at this overwater heaven, where harmony, sustainability and world-class luxury are the founding principles. However, there is Wi-Fi for anyone who needs to sneak a peek at the exit polls.
4. Antarctica – How far would someone go to escape the election news cycle? How about journeying to the ends of the earth aboard the National Geographic Orion? Lindblad Expedition’s 13-day adventure cruise to The White Continent is about as far from Washington, D.C. as it gets.
5. The Himalayas – Those looking to exercise their personal freedom can venture to Ananda in the Himalayas to partake in this renowned spa’s Dhyana self-realization mediation program. Visitors are guaranteed not to bump into any politicians here.
6. Madrid, Spain – “Shop ‘til you drop” seems like an ideal way to leave partisan politics behind and El Corte Ingles’ Castellana Store is just the place to do it. Over one-million square feet of shopping paradise featuring the greatest luxury fashion brands will have visitors sizing up their wardrobe, not the competition.
An Elite Global Journeys advisor can help with an “Election Escape” – plus anything from a weekend getaway to a dream vacation. As the only Virtuoso member office in Central California, we offer exclusive amenities you won’t get with other travel advisors.
For instance, our Bordeaux Experience features privileged access to the most prestigious wine properties, including those normally reserved to the wine trade, as well as gourmet experiences in all of France. Call 559-431-7440 to make your reservations today!